Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Organization



Finally.... Last year a store in Price was moving so they had a bunch of shelving for sale. I went over and bought some but ended up storing it for a year. I wish I had a before picture to show you but just imagine all of these things plus my accucut on two tables. It was pretty bad and as you can imagine was pretty cluttered. I'm very happy with the end result though. What do you think?

Have you seen the accucut? It makes doing one of these quilts

You know the ones you thought would be so easy and then once you got it all sewn together and started cutting, you gave up several times within a year because CUTTING THEM IS A PAIN! visit the shop for one of these kits all bundled up with everything you need. If you don't see what you need let us know. We have some really cute kits made up that aren't listed.



Now if you just visited the shop and are thinking "$40 - $45 for a kit seems like a lot" allow me to be a salesman. This kit includes 3 yards of two different prints of quality flannel. So if I went to my local store that sells quality flannel I am going to pay $8 a yard. 6 times 8 is $48 and that is what you would spend just on fabric. Do I need to add the price of 80/20 batting I throw in? I don't think so.

If you are thinking of doing a rag quilt, buy a kit. If you are thinking, "I already bought the fabric" come in to the shop and rag it for $10. Cutting this quilt after you sew it will make you insane. Enough said.

No comments: